Thursday, August 30, 2007

I wish I know this trick before I buy my first real estate

At age 23, I buy my first real estate. At that time, I know nothing about how Real estate works. I don't understand anything about tax advantage, appreciation, insurance, property tax, income tax write-off, etc. These were too complicated for me. All I know is 2 simple fact.
1) Because Real estate is a basic necessity, its value MUST go up over long period of time, just like inflation every year go up around 4%
2) Bank willing to lend me money to buy Real Estate. But bank will not lend me money to buy stock
So, I just decide to get my feet wet and jump into the market. As you can probably imagine, I make mistakes. In fact, some painful mistake that cause me thousands thousands of dollar. Tonight, I want to share with you one of the Biggest Mistake I've made.

IF you're first time buyer, you should look for
First Time Home Buyer Loan. This loan come from the government which aim to help more first time buyer to buy their own home with special assistance. The interest rate you get from this type of loan is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than the bank offers. Usually 1point to 1.5 point discount is offered. This is huge saving! In addition, government can lend you 100% (depends on your income) to purchase your property PLUS help in closing cost. Some portion of your loan can even be to be paid back as SIMPLE Interest! Government really try to help us big time! Of course, the rule change from time to time. Check with your local city government for details. You can only qualify once in your life time, once you have record owning property, you may never qualify this loan again. Last advice: Don't let unprofessional mortgage broker who has no experience in this topic talk you out to discourage you participating the program, because they wouldn't make any money from you if you don't go thru a bank with them. Good luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the 1st time home buyer program sounds very interesting. but how can i find out who does this kind of loan plan?how can i find a proper agent for myself?

529pm said...

one way to find qualifed realtor is thru www.realtor.com
1)click find realtor on the left column
2)enter your interest area,
3)scroll down, in the keyword box enter "first time buyer"
4)hit search
5)you should see a list of agent pop up. call them and interview them if they 're knowledgable for this loan program.

charlene said...

thank you for the infor